Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Blog 4

For my final project I want to do something relating to our big idea and surreal representation. Hopefully I can accomplish this with new ideas and inspirations from artists like Dali and Ernst. Through this piece I want to convey a sense of darkness, but also an uplifting side to counter the sense of loss. To accomplish this, I wanted to make a watch or clock that is sinking/floating out at ocean but it is tearing off into flying pieces avoiding the fate of the rest of the clock. This work would be used in publication for a book or magazine for a cover. It could be used as any type of art, even stock images for random needs.
My big idea, time, is influenced through the work of Dali, a surreal painter, and many other sources. Some of these include 1000words, the website for photoshop users,  and DBH, a weekly design competition that hosts a variety of artists from all different styles.
 
In this piece I will try to do a new explosion effect with the watch like in this tutorial.
The tutorial deals with exploding a face, but I can transfer the technique onto the watch and incorporate the birds as I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment