For this piece, I started by using an image of a traffic light I found on Google. First, I tilted the picture to orient the light straight up and down. Using the square marquee tool, I selected one of the traffic lights and used the color mixer adjustment to make the traffic light have a green tint. After that I selected the green light with the circle marquee tool and made a new layer via copy. Then using the magnetic lasso tool, the rim of the second light down was selected and copied as well. I flipped this image vertically and repositioned it half way down the middle of the second light. I then proceeded to colorize the image and complete it with the paintbrush, matching values from the two rims. After this, I played around with the colors of the light copied earlier to get a white traffic light signal. Positioning this under the "eyelid", I erased the part that would be covered. The "iris" was selected with the magnetic lasso as well, and it was recolored to blue using the color adjustments. I then colored in the pupil with the paintbrush with black. I then recopied the light layer and posed it over the top light. I changed the colors of the outer rim of the light to green, and then the inner color to pink. Then I applied a noise filter to the pink light and painted a few dark a few to create "seeds". After I was done with the image, I retouched and erased a few stray marks. This retouching completed the image.
I chose this photo because I thought a rectangular shape would be easy to use the rectangle marquee on. I then got ideas as I went along.
No comments:
Post a Comment