Thursday, September 19, 2013

Tutorial (Blog #2)

Here I am attempting the flame effect in photoshop(http://www.worth1000.com/tutorials/163536/fire)

First I started with the picture of the statue, then I pasted the flame on top and applied the screen blending mode to erase the background. From there, I repositioned the flame to look as if it was in line with the torch. With the grate around the torch, I had to brush in orange, pink and yellow because the flame looked as if it did not exist behind the grate:
 
From there, I added the ash sparks and fixed up some of the random marks around the edges. The grate was painted in were it had been erased, the real "torch" was painted over with the blue from the background:

To finish, I color corrected the image unlike the tutorial to give the photo a night look. Then, I used a light paint brush to add in a few stars for effect:


 Thus the final image:



No comments:

Post a Comment